Sunday, May 13, 2012

I have recently be dubbed by a friend "the most normal person" he knows. While this title initially confused me, further conversation divulged he was merely expressing appreciation for my maturity, responsibly, and rational perception of the world. He he went on to deduce these traits to be the direct result of growing up in a healthy family, namely, that my parents are still together.

While I've always felt extremely blessed to grow up in a home with both my parents, its struck me as a profound reminder of just how blessed I truly am. I felt the need to thank them for loving each other and sticking it out, no matter what.

 So, I did.

My mother's response?

"Thank you. It has not always been easy but it has always been right. And my 'motherhood' job is the best and most important job in the world."

I love my mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment